Jalapeno Poppers with Smoked Mackerel
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 medium-sized jalapenos, halved and deseeded
- 225g cream cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 can (110g) Gold Seal Smoked Mackerel Peppered, drained and flaked
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp chives, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, garlic, cilantro, cumin and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rub each jalapeno with olive oil and stuff each one evenly with the cream cheese mixture. Divide the smoked mackerel evenly between all.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the panko bread crumbs and melted butter.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, top with the panko mixture and bake for another 5 minutes until mixture is bubbling and the breadcrumb topping is golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh chives.