Tuna, Roasted Beets and Asparagus Salad
2 cans (100g each) Gold Seal White Tuna ( Solid, No Drain )
4 tomatoes sliced ¼” thick
1/2 cup asparagus blanched and chopped
1 cup sliced red beets
1 cup sliced golden beets
1/2 cup canned bean medley
1/4 cup roasted red peppers sliced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
4 tbsp olive oil
juice of one lemon
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 250 ° F
- Line a cooking sheet with parchment paper and place a single layer of sliced tomatoes over the paper and place in oven for about 2 hours. They should look dehydrated when you remove them, not burnt, so keep an eye on them. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Slice beets and place on a cooking sheet in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove and let cool down.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water for about 1 minute, remove from hot water and place in cool water to stop cooking for 5 minutes. Remove from water and pat dry. *Can be made a day ahead up to this point.
- In a small bowl whisk together basil, olive oil, lemon juice, and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, beets, asparagus, beans, pepper, cranberries and tuna, pour the basil dressing over salad and stir together.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve on a large platter.
Tips and Tricks
If you don’t like asparagus use sweet peas.