Tuna, Tomato and Fresh Green Beans Salad
1 can (100g) Gold Seal White Tuna ( Solid, No Drain )
6 medium tomatoes cut into wedges
2 cups green beans trimmed and cut into 2” pieces
3 tbsp fresh savoury chopped
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
2 cloves of garlic minced
2 tbsp sherry vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups yellow and orange cherry tomatoes cut in halves
salt and pepper
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- Place tomato wedges in a colander and sprinkle with 1 tsp of salt and set aside.
- When the water comes to a rolling boil add the beans and cook for 4 minutes until tender and still have a crunch. Remove from hot water, run under cold water and leave to drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chopped savoury, garlic, vinegar and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the tomato wedges, cherry tomatoes and the beans in a bowl then drizzle with the vinaigrette, toss. Transfer to a shallow serving bowl or platter, sprinkle with tuna chunks and serve.
Tips and Tricks
Beans are high in vitamin B and K. Always use fresh if you can get them. If you can’t find savoury use thyme.