Italian Mackerel Salad
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tsp dijon
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 2 cans (115g) Gold Seal Mediterranean Mackerel, drained and flaked
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 tbsp shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup roasted walnut, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan or pecorino cheese, grated
- Cracked black pepper
- To make the dressing, whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Toss all ingredients together in a bowl with the dressing.
- Finish with cracked black pepper and serve.