- 12 brown cremini mushroom
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp fennel seed
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 can (115g) Gold Seal Mackerel (Mediterranean)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup ricotta
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Take the stems off of the mushrooms, finely dice them and add to a bowl. Scoop out as much of the gills out of the caps as you can to make room for filling.
- Add the onion to a pan over medium-low heat. Cook until translucent. Add garlic, diced mushroom stems, chili flakes, oregano, fennel seed and cracked black pepper. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the mackerel, try not to pour all of the oil in. Add in ricotta, half of the parmesan, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Fill the cups with the filling and top with remaining parmesan. Bake for 15-18 minutes, broiling for the last 2.