Make Ahead Breakfast Wrap
We’ve all heard the benefits of meal prepping your lunches, but meal prepping breakfast is so underrated! You can prep the fillings for this easy salmon breakfast wrap ahead of time and assemble in the morning. Quick to enjoy and easy on the go!
- 4 large whole wheat tortilla wraps
- 2 cans (106g) Gold Seal Sockeye Salmon Skinless Boneless
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced (*optional)
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup goat cheese
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Hot sauce or salsa, optional
- Whisk eggs with a fork.
- Melt ½ tbsp butter in a skillet over med-low heat. Scramble eggs in the skillet, stirring every minute or so. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Melt remaining butter in the same skillet. Add the whites of the scallions and cook until translucent. Add red pepper and jalapeno and saute until softened, 5-7 minutes. Remove the mix.
- Cook portobello in the same skillet over med-high heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Warm wraps in the oven on a low heat.
- Build wraps by first placing eggs on the wrap, top with the cooked scallion, peppers and mushrooms, then salmon. Garnish with goat cheese, cilantro and green parts of the scallion.
- Wrap like a burrito and seal by cooking in a hot pan for two minutes on each side.