Middle Eastern Mackerel Salad
- 3 cups cooked couscous
- 3 large carrots, sliced diagonally into ½ inch thick slices
- 2 beets, cut into wedges ½ inch thick
- 2 cans (115g) Gold Seal Mediterranean Mackerel, drained
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsp vinegar (red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar recommended)
- ¼ cup roasted pistachio, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup dill, roughly chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss the carrots and beets in 2 tbsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake for 35-40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to directions on the package.
- Use a fork to gently break the mackerel into smaller pieces and add to a mixing bowl with the couscous, carrots and beets. Toss with olive oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with the roasted pistachio, dill and crumbled goat cheese. Serve.