Salmon Nori Sandwich (Onigirazu)
- 4 sheets of nori seaweed
- 4 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 ½ cups purple cabbage, shredded
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2 cans (213g) Gold Seal Wild Pink Salmon Skinless Boneless, drained
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, massage the shredded red cabbage with lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- In another small bowl, mix the salmon, scallion, mayo, and sriracha.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap on the counter and top with a nori sheet (shiny side down) rotated so it looks like a diamond.
- Scoop ½ cup of rice onto the sheet of nori and spread it into a square shape in the center of the diamond.
- Layer the cabbage, salmon mixture, avocado, and cilantro on the rice. Top with another ½ cup of rice in a square shape and set aside. Repeat with the remaining four nori sheets.
- Wrap the nori up and over the filling. Fold the corners in to form the shape of the square. Use a bit of water to seal the edges. Flip the entire thing upside down and let sit for 10 minutes to seal.
- Cut in half and serve.