Baked Salmon Pockets
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 cans (120g) Gold Seal Skinless Boneless Pink Salmon
- 1 ½ cups broccoli, small florets
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cheddar, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Cracked black pepper and salt (maldon salt is best!)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Steam the broccoli until slightly undercooked.
- On a lightly floured surface, cut the pastry sheet into 8 equal rectangles and arrange them on a baking sheet.
- To the bottom half of each rectangle, pile broccoli, salmon, green onion and top with cheese. Put in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and work quickly to fold each rectangle in half. Use a lightly floured fork to press down along the outside of each edge to form a seal the entire way around.
- Brush each pocket with the beaten egg.
- Season each one evenly with dried thyme, garlic powder, pepper and salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and flaky.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for ten minutes before eating.