- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 red pepper, small diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 can (125g) Gold Seal Sardines Soya Oil, drained
- 4 eggs
- ⅛ cup parsley, chopped
- ⅛ cup parmesan, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups packed spinach, roughly chopped
- Toast, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add shallot, garlic and red pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes. Add lemon juice and cook for 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Remove from heat and flake the sardines on top.
- Make four wells and crack an egg into each well. Season each egg with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until the whites are cooked but the yolks are still runny.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with parsley, parmesan and black pepper. Let sit for 3 minutes before serving.
- Serve on a bed of spinach with a side of toast.