Italian Fish Casserole
Our Italian Fish Casserole is loaded with your favourite fish: salmon, mackerel and anchovies! They’re all high in omega-3s, protein, and flavour. Try it out for your next weeknight dinner. Full of so much good!
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (1 tbsp melted)
- 1 cup shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 3 Club Des Millionaires Anchovy fillets
- 1 can (120g) Gold Seal Pink Salmon (Skinless/Boneless)
- 1 can (115g) Gold Seal Mackerel (Olive Oil)
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup fresh basil, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a large cast-iron pan over medium heat.
- Add the shallot and cook until translucent, 3 minutes. Add garlic, celery, fennel, chili flakes, and anchovy and cook until fragrant, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain the salmon and mackerel and add to a small bowl with the flour, oregano, basil, and salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Add the fish to the pan and stir.
- In the same bowl you were using to toss the fish, mix lemon juice, sour cream, and water. Add to the pan and mix all of the ingredients together. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Toss the breadcrumbs with 1 tbsp melted butter. Remove pan from heat and top with breadcrumbs. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Remove and top with cracked black pepper and fresh basil.