- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- ¾ cup goat cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 kalamata olives, halved
- 1 can (115g) Gold Seal Mediterranean Mackerel, flaked
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup fresh oregano leaves, to garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the goat cheese and egg yolk and season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, toss the cherry tomatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the dough out so it’s ⅛ inch thick. Cut it into 4 equal quarters. Trim the dough so each piece is circular. Lightly dust a baking sheet with flour and place the dough onto the baking sheet.
- Add the goat cheese mix to the middle of each piece of dough and spread out evenly, leaving about 1-inch empty space along the edges. Add the tomatoes, olives and mackerel to the centre in a pile above the goat cheese.
- Working along the edges, fold the extra dough in toward the middle of the galette, pinching every inch or so to make a pleat.
- Brush all of the exposed edges of the pastry with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Turn the baking sheet half way through baking time.
- Garnish with fresh oregano and cracked black pepper.