Mackerel Fish Cakes
Made in an Air Fryer, these buttery, flaky, savoury mackerel fish cakes are an easy meal fix. Toss them on a salad, work them into your weekly meal prep, or enjoy as apps – they’re good for everything. Icing on the (fish) cake is that they’re dairy free too!
- 2 cans (115g) Gold Seal Mediterranean Mackerel, drained
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp mayo
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup dill, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tartar sauce, for serving
- Preheat your air fryer to 400F and spray the basket with cooking oil spray.
- In a small bowl, add all of the ingredients and mix to combine with a fork.
- Mold the mixture into patties and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place half of the patties in the air fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes. Flip the patties over and
cook for another 3-5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with extra lemon and tartar sauce – and enjoy!