Mackerel Nacho Bites with Horseradish Beet Puree
Small nacho bites that pack a flavourful punch! These Mackerel Nacho Bites with Horseradish Beet Puree are so savoury and easy to make!
- Nacho cups
- 3 small red beets
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- 3 tsp horseradish
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can (115g) Gold Seal Mackerel in Olive Oil
- Black and white sesame seeds, to garnish
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Drizzle beets with olive oil and season with salt. Wrap individually in tin foil. Bake on a baking sheet until tender, depending on the size of your beets could be 20-50 minutes.
- Once beets have cooled slightly, add them to a food processor with yogurt and horseradish and pulse until mixed well but still chunky. Add the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the mackerel.
- Layer the horseradish and beet mixture in the nacho cups and top with chopped mackerel. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cilantro.