Salmon Furikake Hand Rolls
These Salmon Furikake Hand Rolls are a kid-friendly snack or meal that adults will love too! And full of so much good — omega-3s and protein from the salmon; healthy grains, veggies, and seaweed which is rich in minerals. This fun recipe was developed by our Ocean Brands Partner, Morgan! Follow her on instagram at @morganshupe
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 can (120g) Gold Seal Pink Salmon (Skinless/Boneless)
- 1 tbsp furikake (a dried Japanese seasoning for fish, rice and veggies)
- 1-2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 sheets toasted dried nori, halved lengthwise
VEGGIE OPTIONS (CHOOSE 2 – 4 OF YOUR FAVOURITES):
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Avocado, sliced
- Carrots, thinly sliced
- Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- Enoki mushrooms
- Pea shoots or sprouts
- Cook sushi rice according to package directions. Once cooked, transfer to a large bowl and gently mix in sushi vinegar, sugar, and a few pinches of salt. Let rest until room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Open Gold Seal Pink Salmon Skinless Boneless and drain liquid. Combine salmon, furikake, and green onions in a bowl. Being careful not to break up salmon pieces too much.
- Prep all veggies into small thin pieces about 3-4 inches long.
BUILDING HAND ROLLS:
- Ensure hands are dry to keep nori crisp.
- Place 1 sheet of nori, shiny side down, into your hand and gently press about 2 rounded tablespoons of sushi rice into a square on one half of the nori sheet. Your fingers handling the rice can be slightly wet to help handle the rice.
- Place salmon and veggies on an angle with the top corner of the rice.
- Fold the bottom left corner of nori over and begin folding into a cone shape.
- Keep rolling until the cone is formed. Put a piece of rice at the bottom corner to use as glue and close tightly.
- Serve with pickled ginger, soy sauce, and wasabi as condiments, if desired.