Salmon Kale Caesar Salad
- 1 bunch kale (~6 tightly packed cups), thick middle stem removed and leaves cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 can (170g) Gold Seal Pink Salmon, drained
- 1/2 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese, finely grated + extra to top salad *optional
- 1 large clove garlic
- Juice of half lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Crispy Capers & Homemade croutons
- ½ demi ciabatta baguette, cut into bite sized cubes
- 1/3 cup capers, drained
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Coarse Salt and Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Combine bread pieces, capers, oil, salt and pepper in a medium sized mixing bowl, stir to coat evenly with oil and spices
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the mixture out in a single layer. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on the outside. Stir half-way through for even browning.
- Meanwhile, combine all salad dressing ingredients and whisk with a fork until well combined
- Add kale and salad dressing to a large mixing bowl, use tongs to mix well until leaves are evenly coated.
- Plate the salad and top with capers and crouton mixture. Finish off with extra lemon, parmesan, salt and pepper to taste.
Tips and Tricks
Swap crispy chickpeas for croutons for a higher protein option