- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 Club Des Millionnaires anchovy fillets
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp caper brine
- 3 cans (120g) Gold Seal Sockeye Salmon Skinless Boneless, drained
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add your broth to a pot and bring to a simmer. Turn heat down to low and cover.
- Warm the oil in a large shallow pan over low heat. Add the shallots, garlic, anchovy and capers to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook until fragrant, 5 minutes. Turn the heat up to medium-low.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat the rice in oil. Toast the rice for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of the broth to the pan with reserved caper brine and stir constantly until the rice has absorbed the liquid. Continue to add broth, ½ cup at a time, and stir until the liquid absorbs each time. This should take a total of 20 minutes. The risotto will be rich and creamy and the rice should be cooked until al dente.
- Add in the salmon, ½ of the cheese, butter and lemon juice. Season with salt.
- Garnish with remaining cheese, lemon zest, dill and cracked black pepper and serve.