- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, small diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 Club Des Millionnaires anchovy fillets
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 fennel bulb, diced, fronds reserved
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cans (125g) Gold Seal Wild Sardines in Soya Oil, drained
- 1 jar (530ml) Authentica Arrabiata Sauce
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Fennel fronds, for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra olive oil, for drizzling
- Warm 2 tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, anchovy, carrot, celery, fennel, fennel seeds and mustard seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in the cannellini beans, sardines, Arrabiata sauce and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with fennel fronds and a drizzle of olive oil.
Showing 0 reviews