Sardine Stir Fry
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sambal oelek or chili oil, *optional
For the Stir Fry:
- 400g udon noodles
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 2 cans (125) Gold Seal Wild Sardines in Soya Oil, drained and flaked
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup green beans, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup baby corn, halved lengthwise
- 2 cup bean sprouts, to garnish
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Whisk all ingredients together for the sauce.
- Prepare the udon according to the directions on the package. Undercook them slightly and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large wok or frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the pepper, carrots, green beans and corn and cook, stirring frequently, for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables have softened. Turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Add the noodles and sardines to the pan.
- Pour in the sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Garnish with cilantro and bean sprouts and serve.