Spicy Thai Sardine Fritters
Who knew you could do this with sardines? Spicy Thai Sardine Fritters are unexpected but predictably delicious with their hint of heat and crispiness!
2 cans (125g) Gold Seal Sardines (Thai Chili)
½ cup flour
½ tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 green onions thinly sliced
1 lime zest and juiced
Vegetable oil for frying
1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Set aside. In a medium bowl stir egg, sardines with Thai Chili Sauce, onions, lime juice and zest. Stir flour mixture into sardine mixture.
- Heat approximately 2 inches of oil in a large nonstick pan.
- Drop about 1 tbsp of fritter batter into the oil and cook about 1 minute on each side or until the fritter is a golden colour.
- Remove with tongs and let drain on a paper towel.
- Serve on a bed of bean sprouts with lime wedges.
Tips and Tricks
Make an easy dipping sauce by combining zest of 1 lime and juice with a ½ cup of mayonnaise.