Spicy Thai Sardine Fritters
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Set aside. In a medium bowl stir egg, sardines with Thai Chili Sauce, lime juice and zest, and onions. Stir flour mixture into sardine mixture.
- Heat approximately 2 inches of oil in a large nonstick pan.
- Drop about 1 tbsp of fritter batter into the oil and cook about 1 minute on each side or until the fritter is a golden colour.
- Remove with tongs and let drain on paper towel.
- Serve on a bed of bean sprouts with lime wedges.
Tips and Tricks
Make an easy dipping sauce by combining zest of 1 lime and juice with 1/2 a cup of mayonnaise.