Spinach, Fennel and Coconut Milk Salmon
Coconut milk salmon with delicious spinach and fennel is a no-brainer for dinner and easy to make! The only hard part is choosing between rice or quinoa to have it with.
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 tsp chili flakes
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cans (213g) Gold Seal Wild Pink Salmon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter and olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Saute shallot, garlic, fennel, chili flakes, turmeric and cumin for 7-10 minutes or until translucent.
- Add spinach and cook down until wilted.
- Add coconut milk and stir to combine. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Remove bones from salmon. Add salmon and lemon juice and cook until warmed through, 7-10 minutes. Be careful not to break up the salmon. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Tips and Tricks
Serve with rice or quinoa pilaf.