Superfood Sardine Salad
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 lime, zest and juice
FOR THE SALAD:
- 2 cans (125g) Gold Seal Sardines in Water, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups green kale, stems removed and roughly torn
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together.
- Cook the quinoa in salted water according to the directions on the package. When done, fluff with a fork.
- Steam the broccoli for 5-7 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, add the kale to a small mixing bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Use your hands to thoroughly massage the kale to soften the texture.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the center of a large serving platter and arrange the kale, broccoli, red pepper, edamame and cabbage around it. Top with sardines. Drizzle the dressing over the whole plate.
- Garnish with scallions and cilantro and serve.