- 8 fresh figs (*option to substitute for dried figs)
- 1 can (110g) Gold Seal Peppered Wild Smoked Mackerel, drained and flaked
- ⅓ cup goat cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cut in half widthwise
- 8 toothpicks
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut each fig lengthwise from the top to the bottom, only slicing halfway through the fig. Gently pry the fig open, being careful not to break it in half.
- Fill each fig with smoked mackerel and goat cheese.
- Wrap each fig with a half slice of bacon and secure in place by piercing the fig with a toothpick.
- Arrange wrapped figs in a single layer on a lined baking sheet.
- Broil for 10 minutes, turning halfway through, or until the bacon is golden brown and crispy.
- Let figs cool for five minutes and serve.
Showing 0 reviews