- 6 strips bacon
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp chili flakes (*optional)
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 russet or yukon gold potato, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 sweet potato, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cans (170g) Gold Seal Sockeye Salmon Skinless Boneless, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup feta, crumbled
- Green onion, for garnishing
- Hot sauce, optional
- Add bacon to a cast iron skillet and place over medium heat of the stove top. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the bacon is cooked to your liking. Remove, roughly chop and set aside. Do not clean the pan.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes or until fragrant. Add the chili flakes, peppers and potatoes and cook for 15-20 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the eggs and the salmon and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring only a few times. Season with salt and pepper. Don’t add too much salt as you will be adding feta as well.
- Garnish with feta and green onion and serve. Finish with optional hot sauce.