Cauliflower Mac n Cheese
- 250g Fettuccini noodles, cooked as per pack instructions
- ½ cup peas, frozen
- 1 medium head of cauliflower (approx. 4 cups)
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup of reserved cooking liquid from pasta
- 1 tsp chicken or vegetable stock powder
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Freshly-cracked black pepper to taste
- Coarse salt (approx ¼ tsp, adjust to taste)
- 2 cans (170g each) Gold Seal Wild Sockeye Salmon (Skinless/Boneless), drained, broken into chunks
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Add about an inch of water and your chopped cauliflower to a large frying pan. Cover with a lid and steam on medium-high heat until cauliflower is fork tender, approx 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook noodles according to package directions. Add the peas for the last 2 minutes of cooking. Once done, drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water.
- Once cauliflower is ready, drain and add to a high powered blender or food processor. Add milk, stock powder, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Blend until a smooth, thick sauce forms.
- Drain Pasta and gently stir in Salmon. Pour sauce over pasta and mix well.
- When ready to serve, top with a sprinkle of fresh parsley, and more salt and pepper if needed.
Tips and Tricks
For a sharper flavor, try adding ½ – 1 tsp dry mustard powder into the sauce.