- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ white vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 2 cans (115g) Gold Seal Wild Mackerel in Olive Oil, drained
- ¼ cup feta
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the vinegar, salt and sugar to a small pot over medium-high heat. Heat until sugar and salt are dissolved. Pour this solution over your sliced onions and set aside.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tortillas 2 at a time and cook for 1 minute per side or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream, garlic, lime and chipotle powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the onions into a strainer and quickly rinse under cold water.
- Layer each taco with two tortillas. Add the mackerel, pickled onion, feta and chipotle sour cream. Garnish with cilantro.