You’ll love this delicious twist on the classic burger. Its bright, refreshing taste and tender, meaty texture totally hits the spot on a hot summer day. Our prediction? It will likely end up being your new favourite burger!
For the patties
- 2 cans Gold Seal (115g) Mackerel in Olive Oil, drained
- 1 ½ cup panko breadcrumb
- 1 egg
- 1 cup corn
- ¼ cup cilantro sprigs
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the curry mayo
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp lime juice
For the assembly
- 2 burger buns
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- Cucumber, ribboned using a vegetable peeler
- Fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add all ingredients for the patties into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Form into patties and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, add the curry mayo ingredients together in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Assemble your burgers on the buns with the patties, curried mayo, lettuce, red onion,
cucumber and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!