Mackerel Portobello Mushrooms
- 6 portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- 3 cans (115g) Gold Seal Mackerel in Olive Oil, drained and flaked
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Brush 2 tbsp of olive oil on all sides of the mushroom caps. Arrange the caps on a baking sheet with the gills side up. Sprinkle with salt and bake for ten minutes. Once done baking, pour off any extra liquid.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese, egg, garlic, smoked paprika, and Worcestershire in a small bowl. Gently stir in the spinach, roasted peppers, and mackerel. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the panko with the remaining olive oil.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture evenly between the mushroom caps. Top each with mozzarella and 1 tbsp of the panko. Bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling, and the panko is golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.