A delicious and easy-to-make Mackerel Soup! Perfect for a warm and cozy dinner on a cold winter evening. The creamy coconut milk balances well with the fresh tomato, making this soup so rich and savoury!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 Yukon Gold potato, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 can (115g) Gold Seal Mackerel in Olive Oil, roughly chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, rough chopped to garnish
- Fresh lime, to squeeze
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt coconut oil in a large soup pot over med-low heat.
- Add onion and cook until translucent. Add red pepper, potato, garlic and ginger and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add curry powder and cook until fragrant, 3 minutes.
- Add sugar and diced tomatoes, season with salt and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to med-low to simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add coconut milk and mackerel and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro, a squeeze of lime and cracked black pepper.