- 3 cans (213g) Gold Seal Pink Salmon Traditional, drained
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup green onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup BBQ sauce, divided
- 4 buns
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 4 pieces leaf lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced horizontally
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced horizontally into rings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the salmon, panko, egg, garlic, green onion and ¼ cup of the BBQ sauce into a bowl and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties roughly an inch thick.
- Preheat a grill or cast iron pan to medium-high heat. Cook the burgers for 4 minutes, gently flip, brush them with the remaining bbq sauce and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Serve on grilled buns with mayo, lettuce, tomato and red onion.