Smoked Mackerel Bruschetta with Fig, Ricotta, Thyme & Honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup ricotta
- 8 figs, quartered
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 can (110g) Gold Seal Gin & Tonic Wild Smoked Mackerel, drained and flaked
- 16 slices of crusty baguette, sliced diagonally in ½ inch thickness
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Brush both sides of the baguette pieces with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 7 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until golden brown and crispy. Rub each piece with the halved garlic.
- Spread ricotta evenly on all pieces, top with two pieces of fig and mackerel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finish with a drizzle of honey and garnish with thyme.