Smoked Mackerel Bruschetta with Sweet Corn & Feta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup shallot, finely diced
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup corn
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp feta cheese
- 1 can (110g) Gold Seal Wild Smoked Mackerel in Sunflower Oil, drained and flaked
- 16 slices of crusty baguette, sliced diagonally in ½ inch thickness
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine 1 tbsp olive oil, shallot, red pepper, corn and chili flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush both sides of the baguette pieces with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 7 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and top with the corn bruschetta mix and mackerel.
- Top each piece with crumbled feta cheese, cilantro and serve.