Roasted Vegetable Salad with Sardines
Vegetables taste so much better roasted! This roasted vegetable salad with sardines bring out the natural fresh flavours with a hint of savoury protein. Topped with a slightly sweet and nutty dressing, you’ll want this salad every day! Perfect for meal preps and dinner sides. Enjoy!
- 4 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 cups purple cabbage, thick slices
- 2 cans (125g) Gold Seal Sardines in Soya Oil
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup mint, to garnish
- ¼ cilantro, to garnish
- Maldon salt, to garnish
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp warm water
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss broccoli, brussels sprouts and cabbage (in separate bowls) in avocado oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange vegetables in a single layer on baking sheets and roast for 18-22 minutes. Be sure to not overcrowd the baking sheet.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Arrange vegetables amongst bowls and top with sardines. Drizzle dressing on vegetables and garnish with peanuts, scallions, mint, cilantro and finish with Maldon salt.