- 8 corn tortillas
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups refried beans
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cans (120g) Gold Seal Pink Salmon Skinless Boneless, drained
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small pot, combine the vinegar, water, salt, and sugar and bring to a simmer. Turn heat down and gently simmer until salt and sugar have dissolved. Pour this over the red onions and set aside.
- Brush the corn tortillas with 1 tbsp of the olive oil and arrange in a single layer on both baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Bake until the tortillas are golden brown and crispy. Lightly season with salt.
- Meanwhile, use the remaining olive oil to fry the eggs sunny-side up. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pickled onions to a strainer and rinse gently with water. Dry with a paper towel or clean tea towel.
- Spread the refried beans evenly on all of the tortillas. Sprinkle each with cheese, top with an egg, salmon chunks, pico de gallo, pickled onion and garnish with cilantro.